It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:29 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Tasty Waves
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:21 am 
Site Admin

Welcome to my thread, I'll be blogging in here. Thanks for stopping in. Cheers! :shock: :D :!: :idea: 8-)

Here's a whole playlist of tasty waves: :arrow: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... Yp6h9ocY_J

*Tasty Waves is a phrase used by Jeff Spicoli in the cult classic, Fast Times At Ridgemont High. Referring to surfing in the movie, I've expanded it to include just about everything good. Music is a waveform, visual stimuli comes via a waveform, the cosmos seems to favor waves...it's all vibes, man. Tasty Waves. Enjoy! :geek:

Post subject: Re: Tasty Waves
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:16 am 
Site Admin

:dj: :stereo: :phones: :waver:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:30 am 
Site Admin

:heart:

My heart was broken and shattered
I tried to put it all back together
I taped and I glued but I just couldn't do it
I was missing the piece that was you

:rose:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:28 pm 
Site Admin

One of my all time favorite bands is Napalm Death. I've seen them more times than I can accurately recall. I don't know, it's a blur. I try to take my time these days to stop and smell the roses, but back in the day I was doing 110mph in a 55mph zone. Anyway, I found a nice bootleg show recently on YouTube. Mitch is on hiatus for personal reasons, but the guy filling in on guitar is a riff machine that does an excellent job, as demonstrated in this gig. Napalm Death is definitely one of those bands that to really get the full experience, you have to see them live. And they may be old guy at this point, but they still rage as hard as they ever did.

:jam:

So if you know your Napalm Death, you know they have a long history and a long list of former members, all of which were crucial to the sound and direction of the band at the time. They've always stayed true to the grind roots, but Napalm Death is a band that has never repeated themselves. Every album stands alone. I'd have a hard time choosing a favorite because every album is a stylistic shift from the previous one.

My main idea in all this chatter is that seeing the above bootleg/show made me really want to see Napalm Death go back to having two guitarists. When Jesse Pintado passed away, Mitch took over all axe duites. Don't get me wrong, Mitch jams and gets the job done, but two guitars just helps the wall of sound. So my thought at first was when Mitch gets back, they need to keep the new guy to fill the space Jesse left. Yeah, nobody can replace Jesse, but the new guy proves he's up to the task. He's got the riffs and the vibe. But after pondering this, I had an idea what would be the perfect theoretically possible Napalm Death album:

mick harris
shane
mitch
riff machine replacement dude featured here
barney
dorian
bill steer
juston
nik
danny

How's that for a "wall of sound"? Call the album Apocalypse Now because I'm guessing it would be the wildest, most
experimental grind album ever...or it would be 47 songs hammered out in a day at the low budget recording shack, and either way the shit would be epic. I'd love to engineer and mix that album. :)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:23 am 
Site Admin

Got lots of ideas for positive developments with the forums. Stay tuned. :blah: :wank: :geek: :D

If anything, just the smilies are reason enough to choose forums over any other option in cyberspace for expression. ;)